Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

"Coo" it again!

Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; And let the earth hear the words of my mouth. (Deuteronomy 32:1)

Naomi has been cooing a lot more lately. She's so much more expressive with her face... combined with the smiles and the coos, it's just too adorable! Last weekend at Alexis' birthday party, Richie was carrying her in the garage when he enthusiastically says to me, "She just said HI!" I didn't hear it, so I said, "Oh, she's just cooing, it might have sounded like she said 'Hi' but she's just making baby noises." Then lo and behold a few days later, Mimi and I were at home and I was saying hello to her and she cooed it again! "Hiiiiii" :) Now that my own ears were hearing it come out of her mouth, I could totally understand why Richie was so excited! It sounded like she was saying hello back :)

From Santa Cruz

This past weekend we took Naomi on a mini-vacation to Santa Cruz since Richie had to visit a job site in Aptos. While Daddy was working, I took Mimi to Capitola to stroll around the shops and see the beach. After one of her feedings, I sat her in my lap and began baby-talking to her.

Me: Haa Haa Haa

Naomi: *smiles*

Me: Hee Hee Hee

Naomi: *eyes open wider*

Me: Hoo Hoo Hoo

Naomi: Haaa Haaa Haaa

Me: WOW! Did you just say "Ha ha ha?" GOOD GIRL! DO IT AGAIN!
Haa Haa Haa? Haa Haa Haa?

Naomi: *smiles even bigger*


When she said "ha ha ha" it was very slow and drawn out compared to how fast I was saying it. The way she cooed it was like she knew she had to make the sound three times in a row to make it count. I kept doing it over and over, but of course it was a one-shot deal with her. I told Richie all about it, but it was one of those "you just had to be there" moments.

Naomi often falls asleep in her carrier when we go for a walk to a restaurant for dinner. She's still tiny enough that she fits on top of the table and sleeps while we enjoy our meal. She's been asleep on the tables of Rubio's and Fuddrucker's and on a chair at Olive Garden :) While we were at the boardwalk, I took this funny photo of Naomi. We usually take her out of the carrier before putting her down, but this time we kept her in it for extra warmth. You can see the Santa Cruz wharf in the background. Mimi eventually woke up while on the table, but waited patiently while we finished up.


The following day at the hotel, I hopped in the huge tub with her for a warm bath. She loved it! It was probably a nice change from the swimming pool since the water was warm and she didn't have to wear a diaper. Since I didn't want her to turn into a little wrinkly raisin, I passed her to Richie to dry her up while I finished enjoying the bath. She was pretty upset about her bath ending so soon. She really liked it in there :) Overall, we had a great time and it was nice to get away from home even for just a night.

No comments: