On December 28, 2009, Naomi Hope Arapeles Dimalanta made history. Okay, so maybe, I'm exaggerating a little, but the first time on an airplane is a big deal! Especially if you're only 7 and a half months old when you first fly! Sure, it took Richie and I ALL DAY packing and getting ready, but it was well worth saving the time (and torture!) of driving from the Bay to Las Vegas.
We arrived at the Oakland airport early enough for Richie and I to take turns checking in our bags. Then I had to verify Naomi's birth certificate. Fortunately, there were hardly any people there the Monday after Christmas and we made it through the security gate fairly quickly. Our flight departed at 8:50pm and we arrived at the gate just in time for "pre-boarding" (which is actually false because you board after group A... but before group B.)
Even though it was just about time for Naomi to go to sleep, she was wide awake and super excited! She was just as stoked to be on the airplane as I was =)
| From Viva Las Vegas |
She was such an angel baby on the flight! She shared an apple juice with me and took a tiny nap before we landed. If they didn't see her, the other passengers wouldn't have even known a baby was on the plane =) When we arrived at the Las Vegas airport, we had to take the tram to the baggage claim. The other tourists were smiling at Mimi and it was the first time I had ever seen her waving back to "strangers" who said hello!
By the time we made our way to the baggage claim, I could tell that Naomi was getting tired. But because of all of the hustle and bustle, she was fighting to keep her eyes open.
She got another wind of energy when her Ninong Craig picked us up and carried her to his van. He dropped us off at our timeshare: the Tahiti Village resort on S. Las Vegas Blvd. Once we got there, I couldn't help but take pics of the princess in her temporary home before we made a mess of everything. Here she is enjoying her new surroundings:
Then it was time to get her undressed and comfy for a good night's sleep. But not before a couple more cute photo ops and a little bit of tummy time =)
Then it was finally time for little Naomi to go to sleep her crib. I didn't have any trouble getting her down. She sure is gonna need a lot of rest for all the partying that she's gonna be doing in the upcoming week. Afterall....
WE'RE IN VEGAS, BABY!
| From Viva Las Vegas |






No comments:
Post a Comment