Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. (Proverbs 16:24)
Our babygirl had her 4-month old well exam with Dr. Tracy last Friday. Naomi now weighs 12 lbs, 9 oz and is a lengthy 24.5 inches long =) The doctor said that Mimi is doing great and once again admired the color of her eyes... they did get darker since her last appointment, but are still more on the gray side instead of brown. Naomi smiled and cooed at Dr. Tracy as she was getting examined to show off her playful personality.
The doctor noticed how strong Naomi's legs were and asked how tummy time was coming along. I let her know that just the night before, Naomi had rolled over for the first time while she was laying on my bed =) It was 4:30AM and I was getting ready to feed her when she rolled in my direction in an attempt to latch onto me. After I fed her, I thought she would go back to sleep like she normally does, instead she kept rolling over from her back to her tummy. She doesn't know how to roll back yet, so I helped her out. Mimi rolled over 5-7 times before getting tired and going back to sleep.
I held Naomi in my arms and the doctor told me that Naomi will already be eating solids by her next appointment. Mimi stared at Dr. Tracy with that intense look written on her eyebrows as though she was concentrating very hard on what the doctor had to say. Before Dr. Tracy left the room, she said, "Bye-bye sweet Naomi!" That put a smile on my heart because the description really does fit her perfectly =)
When it came time for Naomi's immunizations, she didn't do as well as last time. She didn't drink the oral medication as smoothly and then moments after she drank the whole vial, she threw up all over herself...that freaked her out. I had to change her out of her clothes and rub a washcloth through her hair. Mimi calmed down only long enough for the nurse to give her the three shots in a row - BOOM, BOOM, POW! Oohhweee... Naomi was UPSET! We hung out in the room for another 10 minutes while I nursed her and she relaxed. By the time we were in the waiting room scheduling her next appointment, she was smiling and cooing at the little 3-yr old who was also waiting. Way to go, Mimi!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment