After a blissful 9 months of maternity leave, I went back to work on Monday, February 1st! Many people can't believe that I was even fortunate enough to have that much time off, but working for the Longshoreman Union definitely has its benefits!
So, not only did I have my first day of work jitters, but I also had butterflies in my tummy for Mimi's first day of "school"! After visiting several daycares, checking references, comparing sites, and most importantly, seeing how Naomi vibed with the "teacher," we decided to bring her to Adela's World of the Children . We chose this family home daycare in El Cerrito and are very happy with our choice =)
![]() |
| From Adela's World of the Children 012510 |
It's only a few blocks away from the BART station, the home is set up to really cater to the children's desire to explore, discover and learn, it's quite affordable... and of course, Naomi really likes Adela =) Another nice thing is that there aren't too many children that she takes care of, so she can give better attention to each child.
Before I went back to work, Mimi was there for two "training days" of four hours each. I might have been more sad than she was! They said she only cried for a few minutes after I left and a little more tears before she took a 2-hour nap. She was still sleeping when I came to pick her up, but woke up only a few minutes later. She was there with a pair of siblings who go part-time, another "Naomi" who just turned 3 and Isaac, 14 mos.
Then on Wednesday, when I dropper her off, Naomi hardly flinched! When I left, she looked at me as if to say "Go ahead, Mommy, I'll be fine." I was definitely sadder than she was that day! She spent her day playing with Max, a 7 month old who is already crawling. She did really well again.
Hip hip hooray for Mimi liking school! My little girl is growing up so fast!
![]() |
| From Daycare 012710 |








No comments:
Post a Comment