Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Daddy's Weekend

The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that has a wise child shall have joy of her. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice. (Proverbs 23:24-25)

It was another adventurous weekend as Naomi turned 6 weeks old. The main focus was all about Daddy! Richie's 32nd birthday was on Friday, June 19th and of course, Father's Day was this past Sunday.

We started the celebration early on Thursday evening. We had a nice dinner with a few friends at a Korean restaurant in Oakland. We placed Mimi on the tabletop at Ohgane while we enjoyed the feast with Elisa and her cousins. As usual, Naomi slept through the entire meal. I even tried to wake her up when we were getting ready to leave. I removed her blanky to showoff her the outfit that Elisa bought her with the little fishies and even tickled her toes, but it was her bedtime and she didn't even peek her eyes open once. Better luck next time.


For Richie's actual birthday, we had dinner at Sun Hong Kong in Berkeley... the place that was "our kitchen" while I was pregnant and craved crispy pan fried noodles. We reserved the entire back room of the restaurant and the kids took advantage of all the space to run around - they even played musical chairs! Not only was there lots of space, there was so much food! Plenty to take home, which still helps out a great deal with a little one to take care of. To celebrate his special day, I dressed Naomi and her daddy in matching outfits :)

From Happy Daddy Weekend

Naomi had her first babysitting experience on Saturday. Richie and I were invited to two weddings this past weekend, one in SoCal for Annie and Jeff and one in San Francisco for April and Ron. We were invited to both before Mimi was born and at the time we didn't feel she'd be ready for her first roadtrip yet, so we decided not to travel to L.A. and stay local for the weekend. We dropped her off in South San Francisco at Grandma Lily's. I nursed her once before we left for the ceremony and she was asleep by the time we took off. We were gone for two hours and when we came back to my mom's house she was still asleep :) Naomi has a cute habit of groaning and grunting for a half hour before waking up from a deep sleep. When Richie and I got back to South City, she had already begun her ritual and was making her sounds to let us know she'd be up soon. We hung out at the house for a couple hours before the reception and I nursed Mimi twice. Again, she fell asleep before we drove off to the hotel.

Richie and I were enjoying our first evening without the baby, but of course, I couldn't stop talking about her with other people. At around 8:15pm, I called my mom during dinner to check on the baby. She told me Naomi had woke up at 7:30 and was hungry. She finished her bottle and was back to sleep by 8pm! Wow! Being good parents, we left the party early at 10pm even though Native Elements was performing, one of our favorite reggae bands. When we came to pick Mimi up, she was sucking on the bottle. With all the sleeping, pooping and eating, she probably didn't even notice that her mommy and daddy were gone! She fell asleep in the car on the way home and stayed in her carrier until she cried for food: a whole 5 and a half hours later. Even with all that sleeping during the day, she still gave me a good stretch that night - how sweet :)

From Happy Daddy Weekend

On the day Naomi turned 6 weeks old, Richie was able to celebrate his first official Father's Day. Usually Richie's birthday and Father's Day gets combined, but I wanted him to really feel the difference this year. I prepared him a special photo book that chronicles her first month of life. I can't believe how many pictures we've already taken of her in just a few weeks. Also, I dressed Mimi up in a onesie dedicated to him and also used her A's blankie and bib :) We celebrated the day with a BBQ on The Hill in Pinole. Grandpa Titong and Grandpa Rally were there, too.

Happy 1st Father's Day, Richie!

No comments: