Our "Island Princess" is now 7 weeks old! A few fun milestones just since last week: Naomi is smiling!!! :) Not just the cute half smiles while she's gassy in her sleep... now it's full gorgeous SMILES from ear to ear with eyes squinting in JOY! She is happiest in the morning. She still goes through her morning ritual of grunting and complaining right before waking up as if to say, "It's rough getting up!" but once she fully opens her eyes and has breakfast, she's all smiles!
I love taking pictures of her, but I had a little more fun with the outfit that Auntie Somer bought her for my baby shower gift. Richie is from Guam, so this Island Princess onesie is perfect! I couldn't help putting a pretty flower that I bought in Hawaii behind her ear and the sun-hat that she wears when we go for walks outside. Also, before she was even born, Richie and I bought her these cute sandals from Target (the Dollar Spot rocks!). Only a month and a half and already wearing her first pair of tsinelas/zorries :)
Another "milestone" she reached is discovering her hands... particularly that they are quite tasty! I've seen her put a couple fingers in her mouth, but Naomi especially likes to chew on the side of her hand so that it looks like she's sucking her thumb, but the thumb isn't actually in her mouth. She's also getting better at gripping things like her rattle. She'll hold onto it very tight and shake it around, but I don't think she realizes yet that she's the one making it rattle. Sometimes Mimi also puts her hand up to her pacifier as if to hold it there so it doesn't fall out. She only uses the binky in the car when it's not in motion (I ride in the back with her when Richie is driving). I have a feeling that she will learn how to hold her bottle to her mouth fairly quickly because she likes to hold onto "me" while she breastfeeds :) It's actually really cute, but you'll just have to take my word for it ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment